Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The last four months

I know I haven't been on here in forever, but that's life, plus I got hooked on facebook. Anyway, you might ask what has been going on in my life lately. In May Helen had her 1st birthday. It was a lot if fun. We had just family and a couple of close friends, and just dinner and cake. She was very cranky during it!!! Still in May I helped out long time friends with there cattle drive, and that was tons of fun. I hadn't ridden in a long time. The weekend after that Justin and I went to a Dave Stamey concert in Burns. We meet up with friends, and had a really fun "date" night.
In June nothing really happened, but it seemed that we were busy. Uh?????
In July we went to Albany for Justin's side of the family's big 4th of July get together. Justin Dad was here for a week, so we got to spend time with him, and he got to see Helen. The day after we got back Justin started his new job, marking trees for the forest service. Week after that we went to a really fun trap shoot at a neighbor's ranch. Hung out with friends and drank beer. The week after that I helped out with friend's branding. That was fun for me, Justin had to work. Then I did a week of VBS at our church, and that was a lot of work, but worth it.
Okay for August... I threw a baby shower, for a friend of mine. The next weekend we went to Albany to visit Justin's family. We got home and then two days later fair started. Justin had to work all fair week. I got to watch the kids I use to babysit show their pigs and they did GREAT!!!!!!!!! It was really neat to watch. The weekend of fair, I carried flags for the rodeo, and because I'm a past fair queen got to ride in the parade (well half way, the horse I was on threw a fit!!!) and Saturday night I carried flags again. Sunday morning Helen had her 1st rodeo. She did great for being the youngest kid there. I'm so proud of her!!!!
So that's what has been happening. There is a opening in range, and we're hoping that Justin gets to put in for it. What he would be doing is being a government cowboy. It would be riding fences, checking cows, and all that stuff. He really wants to get on with range. So we're praying for that!!! Now just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment